Let it boil, for blood is the only thing that hardens after it has reached its boiling-point.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Simple Argument...??

In my opinion, students should be allowed to make their own rules. With all the talk about the youth discovering their own talents, passions and whatever, it is ironic that all the rules are still made by the adults. Trying to pour every single unique student into the same mold that is commonly perceived as the one that will bring out perfection is a good try but it does not always work as that "perfect" mold will always be restricting some genuinely special individual with hidden potentials from being turned into a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. And having everyone made from the same rotting mold will also be kind of boring and dreary. Imagine there never was a rule-breaking student in the history of the world. I would rather count sheep for the entirety of my life than live in that kind of world. Well I do agree that we students can get away from breaking most rules in school but the consequences of going against some rules made by the all-knowing adults that are supposedly for our own good often end up destroying some of the students' futures. It's not going to be a very good one since I'm so tired and sleepy, but I'll try to give an example. When a student breaks the rules and cheats, let's say in a major exam, why is it that it is put into his records and that stain will stay in his records for the rest of his life like the curry stain that I got on my once pure and white pants today because of some blind a****** that bumped into me for no reason? And that damn thing may haunt him for the rest of his life when he tries to get himself employed and etc. Okay, I knew the example was going to be crappy.
Of course I am not trying to foolishly say that all the rules should be made by students cos that would be the same as hitting that big, red, round self-destruct button for the future of the human society. However, some rules for students should be made by the students themselves. I am very sure anyone will agree that when they were young there used to be some rules made by the "wiser" grown-ups that he or she really did not appreciate. But as everyone grows up, they start to find that these rules by the grown-ups are good and should remain implemented, and that's because well, now they are the grown-ups.
Even though the existing rules generally can be said as good judging by the standards of this era in human progress, most rules are never perfect and can always be improved. And when trying to make these imperfect rules once created by the "wise" adults into better ones, why not just try to give the youth a chance? Even animals know what is dangerous for them. We may lack that all important thing called experience but we can think for ourselves, I think..

Thus, I say that rules are not meant to be broken but they are meant to be improved upon and we students, as creatures capable of independent thought, should have a say in it.

So let's all scrap school! =D
Ooops, I just contradicted this whole argument with the previous sentence =X

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing this is Pathos. Correct me if I'm wrong!

    ReplyDelete